Founder of Misr Arabia Films Co.
- An Egyptian director and politician– Was born in one of Delta villages.
- One of the prominent leaders of the student movement in the eighties.
- Head of Students' Union of Zagazig University – ( Engineering faculty at Shubra ) Benha branch 88-1989 , obtained BA of engineering - Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Shubra Engineering 1990.
- Head of the Film Commission of the Supreme Council of Culture in 2012 - Member of the 50th Committee for the drafting of the Egyptian Constitution 2014 and a member of the Egyptian Parliament 2016. He completed twelve authored and directed films, as well as participating in writing the scenarios of four films for Youssef Chahine and he obtained many international awards for most of his films, which got a large cash estimate, as well as receiving unprecedented public success.
His triple movies (Dokan Shehata - Heya Fawda - Hean Maysara) were considered of those that contributed in exposing the size of injustice, coercion, and corruption suffered by Egyptians. These films witnessed the January 25th revolution, and subsequent events before its occurrence by years, and even predicted by all details, and it was considered as one of the most important signs of the Revolution. His latest film (Kaf el-Qamar 2010) also witnessed the reality of the Arab nation after the revolutions, of disintegration, divisions, conflicts, and the magnitude of the challenges it faces.
He was at the forefront of participants in the January 25th revolution, when the mob took advantage of the absence of the police and State, and tried to rob a museum, and initiated a call via satellite to the Egyptian people to head to the Museum to protect it, which had such a great impact on the people's rescue operation of the Museum.
He stayed in the field with millions of Egyptians, until Mubarak’s departure from power, and continued his struggle to achieve the goals of the revolution, for he was at the front of the ranks of the rebellion against the Muslim Brotherhood, and had his share of their attacks, to try to assassinate him.
He has planned and led the occupation of the Ministry of Culture and sit-in inside it, the Brotherhood minister was prevented from entering the ministry, which was one of the last nails in the coffin of the Muslim Brotherhood, which already fell a few weeks after the sit-in, specifically in the June 30th revolution that was documented by the cameras of Khaled Youssef from military aircrafts so the people witness and verify that they have a popular revolution, not a military coup as promoted by the organization of the Muslim Brotherhood and its allies.
Then he was chosen among 50 Egyptians for the formulation of the Egyptian Constitution, and in 2015 he stood for the election of the parliament, to meet the desire of the people of Kafr Shukr Department, and still continued his national role inside and outside the parliament biased towards the values he has always believed in..... Freedom, social justice and human dignity.
- In 2018 he came back behind the cinema camera to shoot his latest movies Karma and after that his documentary Hell Gates and "El-Ser 21" film in 2019 , and other new films.
- Participation in students' activities launched relationship between the Director and senior politicians, cultured and creative characters in Egypt, such as Youssef Chahine who advised him to work in cinema when he felt that he enjoys talent. Therefore, he offered him to know about cinema world through participation in short narrative documentary film " Al qahira Menwwara Be Ahlaha " when an acting personality embodiment was entrusted to him, in addition to training on directing. He quickly discovered his being attracted to direction, so he joined Youssef Chahine scholars
- In 1992 he became co-director to Youssef Chahine in "Al Muhajer" Film. He participated in writing the film's scenario and dialogue together with others. This is highly reflected in the next films, particularly when he became the executive director of " Al Masir", "Al Akhar",, and "Alexandria New York " that he assisted Youssef Chahine in writing the story, scenario and dialogue for these films.
- In 2000, he authored and directed his first film " El Assifa ", and he obtained the grand prize of International Arbitration Committee in Cairo International Cinema Festival (Silver Pyramid), and the reward of Best Arabic Film, in addition to the reward of best director (Top Work) in the National Festival of the Egyptian Cinema. He participated in many international festivals, such as San Francesco Festival in USA.
The movies of Khaled Youssef “Heya Fawda " , " Heena Maysara" entered the List of the top 100 Arabic films according to the Dubai Festival referendum .
Honoring Director Khaled Youssef in Casablanca Arabic Film Festival and his “Karma” film was screened in Panorma Arabic films
Casablanca Arabic Film Festival in its first edition, honored the Egyptian director and parliamentarian Khaled Youssef in recognition of his artistic contribution in the Egyptian cinema, where Fatima Al-Nawali, director of Casablanca Film Festival, said: The festival honoring the Egyptian director Khaled Youssef who is considered to be one of the important directors in Egyptian Cinema and achieved popular and financial success in the same time through his films. The first edition of Casablanca Film Festival was held from December 10 to 15, 2018, and “Karma” film by Khaled Youssef was screened in Panorma Arabic films at the festival beside honoring Director Khaled Youssef in the festival closing ceremony.